Hey y’all! I know it’s been a long time since I’ve written on here but guess what?! I’m back! I was asked to do an Instagram live with my graduate school a few weeks ago (shout-out to Webster – Greenville), the conversation was really good and I thought I’d share the tips I gave on my blog, so here we are! I realize the entire world is experiencing trauma at the same time whether everyone acknowledges it or not. There’s been a lot of transition and I think the new sought after skill going forward is going to be adaptability! The reality is nothing is going to return to normal, so we have to create our new normal.
Check out the tips that I shared on the live:
1. Learn to enjoy your own presence.
I think it’s important to know who you are outside of other roles you possess. Do you know who you are? Do you love and enjoy the person you are?
2. Extend grace to yourself and others. These are very stressful times and I feel we should do what we can to be polite to one another and to be helpful when it is safe to do so.
3. Don’t consume too much media! There’s literally nowhere you can turn right now that isn’t discussing the current COVID-19 pandemic and to be honest, it’s depressing! I cannot listen or read info on how many people have lost their lives, jobs, or businesses without feeling sad. I’ve been reading more, watching things that are uplifting, and listening to music that makes me happy.
4. Make sure you move your body and eat well! This has proven to be beneficial for my mind and my body! I knew that I had to keep my regular fitness routine going as much as possible, so I went and got myself a kettlebell and some dumbbells to go with the equipment I already have. I’ve enjoyed taking long walks as well. Nature has been very comforting for me.
5. Be intentional about connecting with others during social distancing! We have technology at our fingertips to make this easier. FaceTime, Google Duo, write letters, send videos, and make calls to your family and friends. Check on those that live alone and let them know they see being thought of. Use social media to connect as well, I’ve started taking an online Pilates class I found on Instagram and the instructor and I now talk several times a week.
I am believing God for good health, positive energy, safety, and financial prosperity despite what’s going on around us.
It is so in the matchless name of Jesus!