Time is defined by Google as “the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole.”
I am certain that we all have our own definition of time and of course our own ways to use it. As I’ve grown, I’ve become more aware of the importance of being intentional with my time and use thereof. Time should be prioritized and used wisely, there isn’t always a later, or a tomorrow. My father’s untimely passing taught me a lot about time and how we can’t afford to wait to show others how we feel, and that we need to do it NOW, and not later. My father always encouraged me to go after whatever I want, and I truly believe that we can’t wait to move towards our desires and dreams.
Here are some words of wisdom on time that I’ve learned:
1. Invest in what you say you want, with no excuses.
2. If you don’t have time, it’s not a priority. ??♀️
3. Examine what you make a priority, and determine if that is what you want long term, if not, make the necessary adjustments today.✅
4. Eliminate distractions that cause you to waste time.✂️
5. Don’t take for granted anyone that invests time in you. Show your gratitude for their presence and investment. 1 John 3:18 ??
6. Don’t wait until it’s too late to make the best use of your time. (Excuses will always be there for you, opportunity won’t.)
7. It’s true that time doesn’t wait for anyone, keep this in the forefront of your mind.
8. Ask God for discernment when it comes to your time, this is the best way to live a life of purpose and ensure that you’re on the right track. He places blessings in our paths, but it’s up to us to use our time wisely to nurture what He’s given us.
9. Anything that is taken for granted, eventually gets taken away, including time. ?
10. Be consistent with how you invest your time. Make memories with those that matter most, consistently. Take time for yourself, so that you can be your best self, consistently. Work hard for what you want, consistently. Love how you want to be loved, consistently. Serve others, consistently. Learn something new, consistently. Love God, always. ?
I’ll close with a quote from one of my closest friends……….
“It’s not that life is too short, it’s too precious.”- Ashley Michelle Penn, Poet
If you enjoyed this post, feel free to share or comment.
Thank you for reading! ?